Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Let's get started!

I've always been interested in robotics and have always looked with admiration to robots like Sony's QRIO. Being a software developer for more than 10 years I've always been very interested in the programming side of robotics.
Until now I never took the step of building my own robot, since I'm a dummy in the field of electronics and mechanics.
This year I decided to change that and use robotics to learn more about electronics and mechanics. As a starting point I joined the I-Qbot project of deAgostini. This project allows me to build my own robot step by step and learn along the way.
Being a software developer I could not wait to develop some software for the I-Qbot, so I created MegaBot, a tool to control the I-Qbot from a PC, a PDA or a Phone.

As a next step I will order some books on robotics and I want to select an educational robot kit like the Boe-Bot or the Asuro.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: